Moving further into the sustainable fashion market, and its own sustainability journey, premium denim brand, FRAME, has launched a new 10-piece denim collection made with essentially no water. Titled PURE, the US-based brand worked together with SAITEX USA to create the denim range using exclusively eco-friendly, liquid-based finishing agents and sophisticated lasers.
SAITEX USA is known to be one of the cleanest denim manufacturers in the world. Going against traditional denim production practices that wastes as much as 80 liters of water per piece of clothing, PURE’s exclusive closed system uses 1.25 liters, 98% of which is recycled and the remaining 2% is repurposed and evaporated.
This collection also features styles made from 100% biodegradable cotton fabric and hang tags made from recycled paper that are accompanied by QR codes. These contain information on the collection’s footprint and aims to end the need for extra, disposable tags.
“We are proud to introduce a collection as inventive as PURE,” said Erik Torstensson, Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer at FRAME. “Conserving water, and as result saving energy, is yet another step on this path we are taking to not only produce sustainably and responsibly but also continuously strive to be better global citizens.”
Every single garment is washed responsibly according to FRAME’s “Four Pillars of Responsible Washing.” This means refraining from the use of bleach, potassium permanganate and stone-washing, and employing state of the art, innovative machinery to forgo classic production techniques. The collection is made up of 5% PURE, 9% degradable and 53% sustainable styles, both in terms of fabric and wash.
PURE is just the latest Earth-friendlier denim collection from FRAME. It’s (Bio) Degradable Jean and circular denim collection from last year was developed for the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s Jean Redesign project. The aim was to ensure denim isn’t simply more durable and recyclable, but that it is also created using sustainable and fair methods for the environment and garment workers.
PURE is available now at frame-store.com and at Selfridges.